Is the latest school shooting more evidence that psychiatric drugs create violence?
I don’t like giving the names of the criminal in the media and make them celebrity. Victims are forgotten but criminals are repeatedly in the media. They enjoy being on tv and newspaper. I don’t want to feed their pleasure.
Here is the list of the school shooting. These people are depressed, desperate to tell us they are depressed, we (the society) don’t hear it and they get angry and make us see that they are angry. They want to punish us in a way we all human get hurt. They hurt the innocent children to hurt us.
These type of attention seeking crimes are contagious. They learn from the media, specially films. American films are poison. They poisoned our kids with their aggressive films. They imposed a lifestyle in their films that our kids can not reach, they get depressed. They constantly consume but never get there. Still depressed and angry. They are angry with parents, teachers, school and the whole society.
I dont watch television, i don’t read newspaper. I make my own decision on what to read and what to watch. I don’t like aggressive, demonic films with full of sins. I strongly advise get rid of the TV.
Another point is these shooters are on antidepressants. Sixteen years old is on antidepressant. Instead of dealing with their problem it is easier for everybody to put them on medication. Thats it. Problem solved. Antidepressants makes you worse. You may get withdrawal symptoms, rebound effects. You will feel worse. Parents take your your child problem seriously in your hand. Don’t leave to psychiatrist.
Here is the list of the people on antidepressants who did school shooting.
1. Huntsville, Alabama – February 5, 2012: 15-year-old shot and killed another Discover Middle School student Todd Brown. He had a history for being treated for ADHD and depression. He was taking the antidepressant Zoloft (Sertraline) and “other drugs for the conditions.”
2. Kauhajoki, Finland – September 23, 2008: 22-year-old culinary student shot and killed 9 students and a teacher, and wounded another student, before killing himself. He was taking an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) and a benzodiazapine.
3. Dekalb, Illinois – February 14, 2008: 27-year-old shot and killed five people and wounded 21 others before killing himself in a Northern Illinois University auditorium. He had recently been taking Prozac, Xanax and Ambien.
4. Jokela, Finland – November 7, 2007: 18-year-old Finnish gunman had been taking antidepressants before he killed eight people and wounded a dozen more at Jokela High School in southern Finland, then committed suicide.
5. Cleveland, Ohio – October 10, 2007: 14-year-old stormed through his school with a gun in each hand, shooting and wounding four before taking his own life. He had been placed on the antidepressant Trazodone.
6. Red Lake, Minnesota – March 2005: 16-year-old, on Prozac, shot and killed his grandparents, then went to his school on the Red Lake Indian Reservation where he shot dead 7 students and a teacher, and wounded 7 before killing himself.
7. Greenbush, New York – February 2004: 16-year-old strolled into his high school in east Greenbush and opened fire with a shotgun. He had been taking “medication for depression”.
8. Wahluke, Washington – April 10, 2001: Sixteen-year-old took a rifle to his high school and held 23 classmates and a teacher hostage. He had been taking the antidepressant Effexor.
9. El Cajon, California – March 22, 2001: 18-year-old, on the antidepressants Celexa and Effexor, opened fire on his classmates, wounding three students and two teachers at Granite Hills High School.
10. Williamsport, Pennsylvania – March 7, 2001: 14-year-old was taking the antidepressant Prozac when she shot at fellow students, wounding one.
11. Conyers, Georgia – May 20, 1999: 15-year-old was being treated with the stimulant Ritalin when he opened fire on and wounded six of his classmates.
12. Columbine, Colorado – April 20, 1999: 18-year-old and his accomplice, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 26 others before killing themselves. He was on the antidepressant Luvox. Both shooters had been in anger-management classes and had undergone counselling.
13. Notus, Idaho – April 16, 1999: 15-year-old fired two shotgun rounds in his school, narrowly missing students. He was taking a prescribed SSRI antidepressant and Ritalin.
14. Springfield, Oregon – May 21, 1998: 15-year-old murdered his parents and then proceeded to school where he opened fire on students in the cafeteria, killing two and wounding 25. He had been taking the antidepressant Prozac. He had been attending “anger control classes” .